It boggles my mind when I see how so many people, even children, are suffering from allergies (seasonal or food) now. The number of people suffering from allergies increases each year and I wonder why. I know that the environment has been changing as well as our exposure to more toxins, but still … Weren’t we born with an Immune System to help us deal with that in the first place? Seasons have always taken place and our ancestors’ bodies had to deal with the various changes as well. So why are we so sick? Is the environment really getting that bad or are our bodies, our childrens’ bodies, getting much weaker and are not able to handle the changes? There is truth in both factors. Sadly, many people accept to live with allergies thinking there is no hope or solution. Believe me, I was one of those people too. I do not suffer from seasonal allergies but had suffered from food allergies, not knowing that I even had them until I discovered Nutritional Therapy.
I’m sure you will agree with me when I say that Nature is very powerful and it gave our bodies this Innate Intelligence that helps us keep homeostasis, helps us heal and deal with daily stressors, such as allergies. The question is – are we working with or against this Innate Intelligence? If we are abusing our bodies by eating SAD (Standard American Diet) and by leading stressful lives (often caused by the effects of a horrible processed diet), we are working against our Innate Intelligence. We are making ourselves sick. Yes, sugar, bad fats, processed foods, dehydration, toxins in the beauty and cleaning products, etc. are stressors!
Nutritional Therapy (NT) supports your body’s Innate Intelligence. When you keep supporting yourself by eating a nutrient-dense diet and leading a healthy lifestyle, chances are your body will be very strong and be able to deal with any stressors that come its way. There is always a solution! If there is a will, there is a way!
Mini-lesson – Food for Thought
- 70-80% of your Immune System resides in your entire GUT!
- Hydrochloric acid in the stomach – many people are deficient in the stomach acid – kills any pathogenic microorganisms (bacteria, viruses, yeast, prions, etc.) that enter our bodies via food and drink.
- There are immune cells located in your small intestine – provided that your small intestine is strong and healthy – that destroy remaining pathogenic microorganisms.
- Healthy bowel flora – if it is healthy and strong – offsets effects of any “bad” bacteria that remained in the food.
- Gut issues can contribute to: allergies (food, seasonal), inflammation, autoimmune diseases and progressive degeneration. In a nutshell, your Immune System is overwhelmed and has to work extremely hard to deal with any dietary or seasonal stressors.
I use a holistic and science-based approach to find the underlying causes of your allergies and help you get strong and nourished to deal with any stressors. Nutritional Therapy can help you with allergies!
Anna Simpson is a certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner through the Nutritional Therapy Association. She is the owner of a nutritional consulting business, Well Beyond Nutrition – Nutritional Therapy with Healing Foods. Anna is a member of the Weston A. Price Foundation and Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation.
Anna offers Nutritional and Wellness Coaching Packages. Contact Anna for a free consultation to see how she can help you!
I, Anna Simpson, am not a licensed or certified doctor/medical professional. I do not diagnose, prescribe, treat or cure any disease, physical or mental. My services are not intended as a substitute for regular medical care performed by a licensed or certified doctor. The information or advice provided here is for educational purposes only. I educate and inform about holistic nutrition and health. Should you choose to use any advice discussed here, you are taking responsibility for your own actions.